“For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.” -Mathew 25:35, 36
Thank you so much for your support this year. Your partnership is vital to the rapid growth of True Freedom. Below are a few highlights through the end of October 2016:
• 4,468 professions of faith in prisons and jails
• Hired and placed three chaplains at the Juvenile Justice Center in Cuyahoga County
• Fifteen young men were baptized at the new facility
• 2,704 people attended our addiction recovery programming and 120 made professions of faith
• With over 20,000 homeless people in Cleveland, by the end of October our Homeless Ministry had already fed 12,973 hot meals to those living on the streets
• 124 people made professions of faith on the streets
And we still have two months to go!
As we head into 2017, we are faced with two big financial needs:
Firstly, with 8 opioid overdose deaths per day in Ohio, our desire is to have our new building renovations completed, so we can combat this epidemic by providing programming and crisis counseling 7 days per week.
Secondly, in January of 2017, we will launch True Freedom Enterprises, a program that will allow us to transport
inmates, who are one year prior to release, to outside employers. In this context each inmate will work to gain real-world experience and begin saving resources to help fund his/her own re-entry. This will reduce recidivism and make our communities safer. By God’s grace, True Freedom is making a daily impact in the lives of inmates.
Would you prayerfully consider making a special year-end donation to help us retrofit our building, launch True Freedom Enterprises, and continue our efforts in helping the broken in Cleveland?Donate Now